Finding a job with a felony on your record will be difficult. Many employers are not willing to hire you. You will not discourage when you are in job searching. Finding a job will be difficult even without a felony and keep your head up and then continue applying for jobs. This will give you a chance. You have to focus on applying at smaller and locally owned businesses. If you consider the amount of time and had a job there then you want to include this job on a job application you fill out. You should use the name of the prison you were in. If you are in join then list the country of the jail you worked in.
How to find a job with a felony?
On the job application where it asks if it is convicted of any crimes then write something. This will give you a better chance of explaining in your case and it will allow you to share with the individual interviewing about the changes you have made in your life to ensure that you will not commit another crime.
If you have a release from prison then consider letting a prospective employer about the federal bonding program. There are available to employers that hire individuals that have felonies (check out jobsthathirefelons.org for the list of employers). This will provide an additional advantage to hiring you and even though you will have a felony on your record.
To find a job is to volunteer to help out a local business, this will help to build the positive relationship with the owner and yourself that will result in the manager offering you a job with business.
Tips to find companies that hire felons
- Finding jobs for felons are difficult. A good tip is to look for employment for felons that require no background check with a past.
- You have to evaluate yourself. Are you a good candidate for the career that you want?
- Companies that hire felons will not fall out of the sky. You can use your networking skills to find a good job.
- Then you want to upgrade your skills and you will not have any recent training. Not all jobs for felons will require training but it will definitely make you more attractive to employers. You can get good training then you can advance your career.
- It is helpful to check government that will help you to search for felony jobs. There are even jobs for offenders when there are hundreds of companies that hire felons available.
Employment for felons is available but to get hired you will have to know how to play the game. Felon jobs are competitive and you will not know how to properly present yourself then you will lose out.
Find a job with a felony is difficult and will be discouraging when you hear but don’t give up and keep your head up. You will be able to find employment if you continue looking and remaining positive.